|Enjoy Monrovia! This was home to Upton Sinclair and the first home of the company that became McDonalds. Monrovia is a quaint town, started in the late 1800s, with lots of cute restaurants and places to relax. But you will be at a robotics tournament!
Teams will be coming in from all over the Region, from Kern County to South Orange County out through Palmdale, Perris, and Lancaster. Teams may be seeking food for lunch and other resources. Some teams might need . . . mechanical parts?
Hardware and Electronics
Missing something important? Gracious Professionalism might end up with parts you need from other teams, but if you need to find a missing wire or tool, here are some suggestions:
- Drone N Hobbies (NEW!), 941 W. Foothill Blvd. Monrovia, CA (1 minute) – Sat 10am-6pm
- Orchard Supply, 725 W Huntington Dr, Monrovia (2 minutes) – Sat. 7am-9pm
- Home Depot, 1625 South Mountain Avenue, Monrovia (8 minutes) – Sat. 5am-11pm
- Wal*Mart, 1600 Mountain Ave, Duarte (8 minutes) – Sat. 9am-12am
- Best Buy, 1470 Mountain Ave, Duarte (8 minutes) – Sat. 10am-9pm
- Harbor Freight, 3660 East Foothill Boulevard, Pasadena (10 minutes) – Sat. 8am-8pm
There will be great opportunities to buy food onsite, supporting Monrovia’s robotics booster organization, and two food trucks for your dining pleasure. You’ll be able to buy coffee and breakfast-y stuff after your team checks in as well.
But Monrovia has abundant places if you want to grab coffee or breakfast when you hit town, or to eat with your team before you head home. Here’s some suggestions:
Coffee or Breakfast:
- Starbucks Drive-Through (NEW!), right at Madison and Foothill, 860 West Foothill Blvd., Monrovia (2 minute walk — no need to move your car) – opens 5 am!
- Denny’s, 7 Huntington Drive, Arcadia (4 minute drive) – open 24 hours!
- McDonalds, 480 W Huntington Dr, Monrovia (3-minute drive) – open 24 hours!
- Burger King, 354 W Huntington Dr, Monrovia (4-minute drive) – open 6am-12am Saturdays
- Subway, 119 W. Foothill Blvd, #B, Monrovia (626-301-0903) (4-minute drive) – open 7am Saturdays
- T-Burgers, 226 West Foothill Boulevard, Monrovia (3-minute drive) – open 7am-10pm Saturdays
Food During the Day or Before the Drive Home:
- Papa John’s Pizza, 1090 Huntington Drive, Mountain Vista Plaza Shopping Center, Duarte (8-minute drive)
- Little Caesars Pizza, 418 W Foothill Blvd, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- Paco’s Mexican Food (dinner), 200 East Foothill Boulevard, Arcadia (3-minute drive)
- Rigo’s Mexican Food (dinner), 457 West Foothill Boulevard, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- In-and-Out Burgers, 420 N Santa Anita Ave, Arcadia (4-minute drive)
- Panda Express, 682 Huntington Dr, Monrovia (2-minute drive)
- Chili’s Grill & Bar, 630 W Huntington Dr, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- Blaze Pizza, 108 W Foothill Blvd, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- Starlight Express Chinese Food, 120 W Foothill Blvd, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- Smashburger, 602 Huntington Dr, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- Chipotle, 608 W Huntington Dr, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes, 116 W. Foothill Blvd, Suite A-7, Monrovia (3-minute drive)
- Wendy’s, 190 W Foothill Blvd, Monrovia (3-minute drive) – Open 9am-3am
Please note – the cooking or selling of food at this event by anyone other than the tournament hosts is not allowed.
Planning to come in early to not drive in the early morning hours? You can find TripAdvisor listings at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32729-Monrovia_California-Hotels.html.
Here are a few hotel suggestions:
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, 924 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016
- Extended Stay America, 930 South 5th Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016
- Quality Inn, 1125 E. Huntington Dr., Monrovia, CA 91016
- Courtyard by Marriott, 700 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016