Interested in joining in and learning more about FIRST® Tech Challenge for 7th-12th graders in Southern California? Our season is fun to watch, with the teams now competing in League Meets around the region. The Velocity Vortex game was announced back in September, and teams are rocking and rolling.
- SoCal/Greater Los Angeles Region— See information below for Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Imperial, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, Kern and Santa Barbara Counties.
- San Diego Region Information and Registration — See information at http://www.sdftc.org on League Play and https://www.facebook.com/sandiegoftc/ for updates and details for San Diego County.
New Teams? Visit our events! Volunteer to learn the ropes! Check out FIRST Tech Challenge for next season!
- Events are free to the public. (Bring safety glasses and wear closed-toed shoes if you want to visit the pits.)
- Team Assignments and Schedule: League Assignments and Schedules — Link Here.
- Timeline: We started the season with Kickoff in September, learning about the Velocity Vortex Game. SoCal/LA League Meets started in November and December. For SoCal, all teams advance to an InterLeague Tournament in January or February. (2016-17 League/Hybrid Play Information at this link)
- Registration for Teams wanting to join toward the end of the Meet timeline: Details at Registration link here for the SoCal/Greater LA Region. Non-SoCal/LA teams can email email@example.com for information if League Space is still available.
- Velocity Vortex Game Basics:
- Game One-Page Description: https://firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net/ftc/vv-one-page.pdf
- Game Materials: http://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/ftc/game-and-season-info
Team Resources: You can find many of our resources at our menu to the left, but here are a few key items:
- Scores (NEW!):
- NEW – Volunteer Training for this Region: http://www.firsttechsocal.org/volunteer/volunteer-training-resources-region/
- Check out the ideas and resources at this Link. . . . and email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you can get rolling or participate other ways this season to learn the ropes for next year.
- alt-NEXT’s W9 link (for those who will need it for POs and for your school)