FIRST Tech Challenge Links and Resources
Here are links to the official FIRST Tech Challenge resources to get you started in the right direction:
- FTC Game Forum: http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forum.php
- Blog: http://firsttechchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Main website: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/ftc
- Read about League Play: http://www.firsttechsocal.org/info-for-teams-2/league-play-how-does-it-work/
- re-Register for League Zones for the season: Coming soon!
- Sign up (mentors, team, and parents) for Robot Tuesday (regular e-newsletter) at this link
- Follow LAFTC on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Los.Angeles.FIRST.Tech.Challenge
Game Description and Manuals:
- Game Manual Part 1 – Rules for robot design, judged awards, general game rules. New Season: July.
- Game Manual Part 2 – Coming soon!
- One-Page Game Description – Coming soon!
Registering and Buying Stuff:
- Team Registration and Youth Protection: https://my.firstinspires.org/AccountManager/Account/Register
- FTC Field Parts, Game Elements and Robot Parts and Supplies Available From AndyMark: Link to AndyMark/FTC Page
- Grants: http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/ftc/grants
- FTC Forum — http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/ — Key place to find out what has changed since the Manuals
- Youth Protection Guide — http://www.firstinspires.org/sites/default/files/uploads/about/FIRST-YPP-ProgramGuide.pdf
- Mentor Manual – Nearly everything you need to know to be a coach or mentor for an FTC Team: Coming soon!
- Engineering Notebook Guidelines – http://www.firstinspires.org/sites/default/files/uploads/resource_library/ftc/engineering-notebook-guidelines.pdf
- Sample Budget – Coming soon!
- FTC Fundraising Guide – What team couldn’t use more funding. This guide is full of ideas on how to raise it. http://www.firstinspires.org/sites/default/files/uploads/resource_library/ftc/ftc-fundraising-guide.pdf
Helpful Resources for Students:
- Guide to Successful University Interviews
- Benefits of a Career Plan