It’s getting close to our Sat., Sept. 7th, 2019 Kickoff Time! We welcome all teams and potential teams to join us at our Annual Kickoff and Workshops. We ask that all groups register, as we have limited space in some workshops and try to plan for the number of people coming.
Price: Free, with possible food for purchase.
NOTE #1: Some workshop spaces will be tight with only room for 36 and each will be run 2x. Most workshop sessions will be capped at 1 space per team per session until we see if we have additional room. “First Come, First Served.” You DO NOT have to print out these tickets. *Showing them on a phone is sufficient.*
NOTE #2: Please select Team Registration and state your team number, team name, and the quantity of people attenending. When selecting workshop tickets, please put your team number and team name.
NOTE #3: The alumni panel is open to all and there is not a max number of tickets, but requires a ticket(s) to estimate the number of people who want to attend.
Join us at a free Kickoff event on Saturday, Sept. 7th at this location:
- Heritage High School, 26000 Briggs Rd, Menifee 92585
- 7:30 AM Teams to arrive no earlier than 7:30 am
- 8:00 AM Sign In by Team — Courtyard
- 8:30 AM Begin Presentation/ Game Reveal — Main Auditorium
- 9:00 AM First Look at Fields — Gymnasium
- 9:30 AM -10:15 AM First Workshop Sessions — Classrooms
- 10:30 AM – 11:15 AM Second Workshop Sessions — Classrooms
We anticipate 60 teams again this year and more than 600 people. During each Workshop Series, we will have one session in the Auditorium and 9 in smaller classrooms (36 max). We offer to each registered team 1 spot in each 36-seat small room, with additional seats to be offered on a will-call basis, space permitting. We will move one of the sessions into the larger room based on registrations. The Auditorium will have space for everyone during each session. Please bring a copies of your Eventbrite registration (mobile ticket) for your workshop seat.
- Workshop 1: Building on a Budget: Good Robots at Lower Costs – Matt D, Senior Project Engineer at WorleyParsons
- Workshop 2: Award Interpretations – Tom D. Monrovia Robotics Head Mentor, Physics Teacher
- Workshop 3: Inclusion and Team Bonding – Roxy C. Alumni 3526 Marlbots
- Workshop 4: Mechanical Design Process – Fletcher P. Alumni 4628 Suitbots, UCSB Mechanical Engineer Graduate
- Workshop 5: Judging Presentation – Bob M. LAFTC Co-Regional Head Judge Advisor
- Workshop 6: Android Studio – Nathan M. Alumni 7832 Gear Gurus
- Workshop 7: Notebook In Depth – Cindy P. LAFTC Regional Committee Member
- Workshop 8: Fundraising/ DonorsChoose – Brian J. CFO, Mentor 4625 / Patrick B. Co-LAFTC Affiliate Partner
- Workshop 9: Building with your Budget: Good Robots in Less Time – Corey P. Data Science Tickmaster, Mentor 4628
- Alumni Panel: Richard Y. Alumni 542 WHS, Melissa L. Alumni 4512 West Torrance Robotics, Emma K. Alumni 3526 Marlbots, Jordan J. Alumni 6832 Patriotic Robotics, Christian O. Alumni 9433 Twisted Metal, Amanda S. Alumni 4625