Global Season Celebration
FIRST® Tech Challenge HQ will host a virtual celebration broadcast featuring special guests on Thursday, June 24, 2021, at 7:00pm ET on FIRSTtv on Twitch. During the broadcast, we’ll reveal the 2021 Dean’s List Award Winners, 2021 Volunteers of the Year, and recognize teams from around the world who reached their ULTIMATE GOALSM presented by Qualcomm. Highest ranked teams and Inspire, Compass & Promote Award winners will be celebrated.
Promote and Compass Award Submissions
This year we’re excited to again have the opportunity to open our Promote and Compass Award submissions to all registered FIRST® Tech Challenge teams. Teams that made a Compass or Promote video in the regular season, that meets our video specifications listed in Game Manual Part 1, are encouraged to submit it to FIRST Headquarters. These videos will be reviewed by FIRST Headquarter’s staff and the winners will be announced at our FIRST Tech Challenge Global Season Celebration online event. If you’d like to submit a video, please have your team’s adult coach or mentor send it to us by June 10 using these instructions:
How to submit your video:
- Be sure to read the criteria for the Compass and Promote Awards in the Game Manual Part 1
- The filename for your video must follow the naming convention:
- State Abbreviation, Team#, Award Type
- Upload your video to your Google Drive account. If you do not have a Google Drive account, you will need to create one at https://www.google.com/drive/
- Once your video is uploaded to your Google Drive account, share your video with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right-click on your video file in your Google Drive account
- Select “Share”
- Enter email@example.com as the address with which to share your file
- Select “Done”
**Files not using the naming convention listed above will not be accepted.
**Files not submitted via Google Drive will not be accepted.
**Files that are not within the 60 second time limit will not be accepted.
**Files submitted after 3 p.m. Eastern Time on June 10, 2021, will not be accepted.
**Teams must have rights to any music used in the video and permissions must be listed in video credits. **All team members must be registered in their team’s roster and have signed the consent and release form before May 15.